Thursday 16 May 2013

The slowness snail and the guards

Turf: off the road
Dash:



Despite the humidity outside and a rare shower rain this unpredictable change of weather doesn't impede my mom from going out and as usual tagging me along wherever she goes.

So, as we went out I forecast the weather is pretty good today not so humid and it didn't rain at all, it's a blessing. But blah! I forgot my mobile, what duh? It is one thing I don't like when my mom is rushing me and I forgot something, even she forgot some of her important things like her: senior citizen card, eyeglass etc., So, not to ruin the good day I just forget all about it and just calm myself.

google image

As we enter the threshold into one of the buildings in Makati along Amorsolo, Manong guard stop us "pa-check muna po ng bag" as if you are an antagonist. Anyway, I knew they were doing this for the sake of the so-called "pag-iingat" like everyone in their eye is suspicious villain. If you spend half-decade of your life in another country without bumping any guards in any other places, and doing such and such to you, you will certainly aghast, maybe a bit annoyed because in the middle east when you're assuming bad to another person it is already " حَرَام‎ ḥarām" means "sinful" like wala kang tiwala sa kapwa mo. Then, another one Manang guard whose sitting at the information table greet us with her wide-sweet smile and say "paki-iwan na na lang ng ID" in exchange for a  Visitor ID card, then ask where to? As we proceed going to the second floor, Manang guard talk aloud as she said "all the office regarding reconciliation and payment are all here in the first floor".  I guess, I need to thank Manang guard for that warmth approach and her fast action.

google image

Another threshold, so, another guard to approach I let my mom proceed inside and settle myself in the waiting area. So, I'm settled in my seat I decided to read the book I bought weeks ago Twisted 9 by Jessica Zafra while Mom is answering the query form handed by the guard. I didn't notice the time flies but as I flip to every page of the book and finish every short story the time is ticking slower as I noticed there is a few handful people inside the room but it took time for each individual to finish their transaction. The same people queuing in the reconciliation then proceed to payment (as you can see no people stayed in the payment booth as they come and go). Mom is waiting to be next called in the payment booth (as if there is someone to be waiting when there is no one standing in front of the booth). Is it another delaying tactic or tsumitsika na naman si ate?. They move and act like a slow snail like a star walking in a red carpet with so many guards around while waving their hands to their fans.

google image

I hope this kind of slow act in any departments of government or private company should improve. The Filipino has been tagged in another country as "Masipag, Matiyaga, Magaling at Mabilis mag-trabaho" as wish it would be the same story here in our country.

google image


So, after the boredom and slight annoyance the only answer is eating out.


The fact is, that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in and scramble through as well as we can. -- Robert Cushing


» » try, pink « «

0 Hey, say a word:

 

Lena's Cup of Tea Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang